Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the VV community. We are currently seeking qualified applicants for the positions listed below. To apply for a position, please submit a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. You may also fax a resume to: 415-920-0448.
Please do NOT send unsolicited resumes. If there are no positions listed below, then we are not currently hiring and are not accepting applications. Please continue to check this site regularly as we post positions as soon as they become available.
The Swing Warehouse Supervisor provides for the daily supervision of swing warehouse staff to ensure the safe, clean and efficient operation of a fresh organic produce warehouse while maintaining high quality product standards with minimal product loss. The Swing Warehouse Supervisor leads warehouse staff in fulfilling their role as organic product handling experts.
- Plan work schedules, assign duties and determine adequate staffing levels that provide for the effective carrying out of warehouse functions and ensures coverage for short-handed shifts and fluctuations in volume
- Monitor and guide the work processes throughout the shift to facilitate the accurate and timely completion of the work
- Ensure that correct receiving, storage, stocking, shipping and handling procedures for fresh fruits and vegetables are understood and carried out by warehouse staff
- Oversee the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to carry out warehouse work.
- Ensure staff compliance with safe use of equipment as well as food safety and general safety best practices
- Provide for the timely maintenance and repair of warehouse equipment and facilities to ensure a safe, clean and effective work environment
- Ensure warehouse staff compliance with VV’s green waste management program
- Participate in process improvement and systems analysis to identify problems and create measures needed to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the warehouse operations
- Motivate, mentor, coach, and counsel warehouse staff to create engaged, highly functional teams
- Assess training needs of warehouse staff and arrange for or provide appropriate instruction and certification
- Conduct regular staff meetings to relay general information or to address specific topics, such as product handling and safety
- At least 2 years supervising staff in a warehouse environment.
- Experience with receiving, stocking, handling and shipping fresh produce and at least 1 year experience with organic produce.
- Experience with and knowledge of material handling equipment and safety best practices in a warehouse environment.
- Good math, analytical and database skills.
The schedule for this position is Sunday – Thursday, APPROXIMATELY 1:00pm- 9:30pm.
Salary $55,000 – $70,000 annually, depending on experience.
The Merchandising Field Representative (MFR) acts as an Ambassador of Veritable Vegetable, our mission, culture and policies. The MFR builds relationships with identified accounts to increase customer loyalty and satisfaction and grow Veritable Vegetable’s business. The MFR works closely with Sales Director and Account Managers, Marketing and Purchasing staff.
- Utilize questioning and observation skills to build understanding of customer’s business challenges and growth potential.
- In collaboration with Sales Account Manager, proactively identify strategies for adding value to the customer’s business (i.e. merchandising, new product introductions, staff training and promotions). Gain customer support and implement agreed upon strategies.
- Measure and report on results of implemented strategies.
- Assist customer in planning and forecasting to improve sales and profitability, reduce shrink and accommodate business growth.
- Develop merchandising expertise and tools (i.e. best practices, sample ideas and plans) for the customer to use to enhance produce displays and increase sales and profitability.
- Support customer events through attendance and arranging for appropriate Veritable Vegetable resources.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of the competitive landscape, market conditions, and market trends.
- Provide competitive information and insight on customer and consumer trends to Sales Account Managers, Marketing and Purchasing Departments.
- Represent the voice of the customer in the development of new marketing materials.
- Support identification and integration of new accounts to ensure smooth transition into Veritable Vegetable and attainment of planned account goals.
- Implement safety procedures to ensure compliance with food safety and general safety best practices (i.e. FSMA, GHP, and OSHA standards).
- Keep abreast of professional and technical knowledge such as merchandising strategies, customer relationship management (CRM) trends, through educational opportunities; reading professional publications; participating in professional organizations and attending conferences
- Appreciation for the principles of sustainable agriculture and the value of organic produce.
- Strong orientation for building customer satisfaction; actively look for ways to build business.
- Thorough understanding of consumer buying behaviors including how shoppers flow through produce departments.
- Understand specific display requirements of various produce items.
- Think strategically and systematically.
- Use logic, reasoning, research and creativity to identify and solve problems.
- Self-motivated to determine tasks, priorities and goals.
- Taking responsibility for work outcomes and results.
- Being responsible for the health and safety of others and safe handling of product.
- Work well collaboratively across departments and independently.
- Strong working knowledge of produce and seasonality.
- Knowledge and understanding of independent and cooperative community based retailers.
- 2 years combined retail organic produce merchandising.
- Outside sales experience a plus.
- Knowledge of produce varieties and seasonality.
- Comfortable with office applications: Word, Excel, Outlook and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) applications.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be an insurable driver.
- Job responsibilities will be performed primarily off-site and will involve overnight travel approximately 1 week per month; travel time may include nights and weekends.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. without assistance.
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend and perform a variety of other physical functions on a consistent basis.
- Must be able to follow safety procedures (i.e. proper lifting techniques, knife handling).
COMPENSATION: $60,000 – $85,000